95 s, renkli resimler, İngilizce.
CURRENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL NEWS
- Wall Paintings of Seyitomer Hoyuk
- A Bronze Age Shipwreck
- Sagalassos looks for daily life in antiquity
- Rezan Has Museum / Urartian Jewellery Collection
- Ancient Mesopotamian Medicine
In Ancient Mesopotamia, healing happened by means of special treatments prepared by priest healers with magical rituals and to a large extent with plants.
GAYE ŞAHİNBAŞ ERGİNOZ
- Diseases, Treatments and Physicians in Hittite Anatolia
Among the Hittites protection methods from diseases, hygiene had an important role, along with praying and sacrificing to the gods. In Hittite society, hygiene was a prerequisite for approaching the gods.
- Medicine and Health in the Ancient World
'Hippocratic medicine' is often used as a synonym for holistic medicine, or a medicine focused on the wellbeing of the whole person rather than on the cure of specific diseases.
AYŞE MINE GENTLER OZKAN
- Healing from Mother Earth: Medical Plants
Confronted with health problems such as diseases and injuries since the dawn of history, mankind started the history of medicine by discovering the healing power of the plants around him.
STEVEN M. OBERHELMAN
- Anatomical Votive Reliefs and Inscriptions
Among the various medical systems in the ancient Greek and Roman world, the most famous forms of ancient medicine were the temple healing cults and they were free, open to anyone irrespective of status or class or gender.
- Trepanation and Brain Surgery in Antiquity
Trepanation, with its history going back to prehistoric periods, is the oldest brain surgery type performed on the human brain, with its ritual, magical and therapeutic aspects.
- A Short Story of Ancient Medical Instruments
There are four known collections of ancient medical instruments in the world, of which three were found in Anatolia and smuggled out of the country. These are the two Ephesus Collections and the Colophon Collection.