180 pp, pb, in English.
Turco-Armenian controversy and conspiracy theories
- Conspiracy Theories on the Adana Incident: Prototypes
- Rehashed Theories: The Armenian Version
- Rehashed Theories: The Turkish Version
- A Disputable Document: the “Report” of Agop Babikyan
- A Disputable Documents: The Memoirs of Mehmed Asaf.
The Adana province during the nineteenth century
- The Land of Derebeys
- The ‘Reform Division’ and the Beginning of the Centralized Administration
- Cotton Export and the Development of Agrarian Economy
- Massive Colonization during the Second Half of the Nineteenth Century
- Land Accumulation
- Emergence of New Local Bosses: The Ağas
- The Plight of Muslim Peasants
- A Multi-Ethnic Society and the Ethnic Division of Labour
- Turco-Armenian Relations
The Young Turk revolution and its impact on the Adana province
- CUP Takeover of Power and its Weakness
- Ambivalent Characters of the CUP Adana Branch
- The New Provincial Government
- Anti-CUP Sentiment among the Muslims
- Struggle between the Pro- and Anti-Cevad blocks
- Muslim-Armenian Tensions after the Revolution
- The Smuggling of fire arms
- rmenian cultural activities and their side-effects.
A hidden agenda: Demographic warfare and land disputes
- Armenian Nationalism and the Muslim reaction
- Demographic dimension
- Rising tension in communal relations
- Repeated dispute over the Taylan Çiftliği
- New Demographic Pressure after the Young Turk Revolution
- Dispute over the Armenian land ownership after the Revolution
- The repercussions of the land dispute over Armeno-Muslim relations.
The April incidents in Adana
- The Hovannes Affair and the Excitement of the Muslim Population
- The Outbreak of Hostilities
- Defence of the Armenians
- Muslim Mob
- How the Provincial Government Reacted
- The End of the Initial Hostilities and an Interlude
- The Second Incident.
Riots and massacres in the countryside
- The Hamidiye Incident
- The Tarsus Inferno
- The Attack of Kozoluk
- The Disturbance in the Cebel-i Bereket
- The retreat of the Hasanbeyli Armenians
- The siege of Dörtyol
- The Kozan Prefecture.
- The Casualties
- The Relief and Reconstruction Works
- A Farewell to Conspiracy Theories.